FREE TO ATTEND – CONTENT LEAD EV BATTERY TECH-INNOVATION WEBINARS
All of our webinars are free to attend, presented live and are interactive. All you need to do is register for the relevant sessions individually, with your corporate email address. Sorry, no personal email addresses will be approved. If you can not make a session at the scheduled time, register anyway and we’ll send you a link to access on-demand!
MONDAY 22 JUNE 2020 | 11:00am ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Overcoming Technical & Cost Challenges For Next Generation Automotive Batteries
Madhura Medikeri, Engineering Supervisor, Electrified Powertrain, FEV
- New battery designs
- Battery Degradation Minimization By Thermal Management, Operation And Charging Strategy Optimization
- Key to market success; performance, cost, life, reliability and safety
- Exploring practical aspects of lithium-ion battery technology required for future electric vehicles
MONDAY 22 JUNE 2020 | 14:00pm ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Adhesive And Sealing Systems For High-Voltage Batteries In Electric Vehicles
Stephen Neuman, Battery and Electric Vehicle, Engineering Adhesives, H.B. Fuller
- An overview of adhesive system and technology offerings for high-voltage batteries
- Assessing desired strengths, service considerations and the manufacturing requirements
- Further options for replacing mechanical fastenings
- Gap fillers as suitable alternatives to thermally conductive pads
- Thermal characteristics and requirements for high voltage batteries
TUESDAY 23 JUNE 2020 | 14:00pm ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Understanding The Thermal And Safety Challenges In Next-Generation Battery Packs
Bret Trimmer, Applications Engineering Manager at NeoGraf Solutions, LLC
- The ability to consistently fast charge Electric Vehicles is a primary focus area for battery pack designers. Surprisingly, the main factor in achieving this goal is thermal management.
- During the fast charge operation, the amount of energy that can be taken in and the number of times a cell can be fast charged is greatly determined by the heat generated and removed during the charging operation. The primary thermal management material in use today to spread this heat is aluminum. Unfortunately, aluminum is thick, dense, and is a poor conductor of heat.
- When used for demanding thermal goals, such as fast charging and extended driving range, the battery pack becomes too large and heavy to be practical for EV use. For the same heat spreading as aluminum, flexible graphite heat spreaders are only half the thickness and one third of the weight.
- Already widespread in the world’s most advanced electronic devices, graphite enables fast charging and increased energy density, while making the battery pack smaller and lighter.
WED 24 JUNE 2020 | 11:00am ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Making The Next Super-Battery Solid-State Batteries
Dr. Dee Strand, Chief Scientific Officer, Wildcat Discovery Technologies, Inc.
- How to achieve substantial gains in battery energy density whilst maintaining safety and performance
- Implementing disruptive material technologies
- Commercialising Solid-State Batteries For Electric Vehicles – Challenges And Opportunities
- The status of solid-state battery development
- Scale up factors and system-level issues
WED 24 JUNE 2020 | 14:00pm ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Efficient BMS Testing Throughout the BMS Development Lifecycle
Grant Gothing, CTO Speaker Bio
Many EV suppliers utilize inefficient approaches to testing electronic subsystems, including the battery management system (BMS). For example, use of either live li-ion cells or conventional power supplies and loads limits the safety, repeatability, efficiency and test coverage. Use of traditional, vendor-defined test systems limit the flexibility and scalability of the system.
- BMS test techniques to address issues using commercially available cell simulation hardware
- Several different test applications throughout the BMS development lifecycle from R&D test bench, validation through production
- HIL, HALT/HASS and PCBA manufacturing functional test system examples
- An open system’s approach to BMS testing throughout the development cycle
THURS 25 JUNE 2020 | 11:00am ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Why Immersed Battery Cooling
Ben Roberts, Senior Engineer, FEV Speaker Bio
Alex Sammut– Electric Vehicles, Lubrizol Speaker Bio
- Overview of battery market
- Design challenges for high charging rates
- Current cooling strategies and the need for immersion cooling
- Fluid requirements for immersion cooling – safety, thermal management, and material compatibility
FRIDAY 26 JUNE 2020 | 11:00am ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Demystifying BMS Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) Testing
Grant Gothing, CTO – Speaker Bio
Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) testing is a powerful approach to validating many complex automotive ECUs, including the battery management system (BMS). It can dramatically accelerate the battery and electrical systems development for new EV programs, while optimizing the safety, reliability, and performance. But what comprises a typical BMS HIL Test System, and how do they work?
- BMS HIL test objectives and benefits
- Methodologies for validating core functionality and edge-condition responses
- Instrumentation and connectivity for simulating cells, thermistors, contactors, and other real-world interfaces to the BMS
- Test software for model execution, closed-loop control, and sequential scripting
- Intuitive user interfaces for automated and manual control
- Specific BMS HIL test scenarios for safety, balancing, control algorithms, and SoC/SoH estimation
- (Optional) Case study
FRIDAY 26 JUNE 2020 | 14:00pm ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Methods For Leak Testing Lithium-ion Batteries
Christian Freundel, Expert and Senior Application Engineer
Tom Osesek, Application Engineer & Project Manager
Ryan Takacs, Sales Manager, Automotive & e-Mobility
- An introduction to battery leak testing, outlining the key challenges
- Comparing testing with air vs. tracer gases
- Identifying different measurement methods and parameters
- System applications for air and tracer gases
MONDAY 29 JUNE 2020 | 11:00am ET (USA) [On-Demand]
How New Laser Technologies Can Help Advance Your Battery Manufacturing
Marc Auger, Business Development Manager – Automotive, Coherent
Jean-Philippe Lavoie, Strategic Application Development Manager, Coherent
- Manufacturing solutions for battery cells, battery packs and interconnection
- Laser welding solutions for challenging materials such as high thermal conductivity metals and dissimilar materials
- Application examples to demonstrate cost savings and quality improvements
- One partner from process development to production
TUESDAY 30 JUNE 2020 | 11:00am ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Monitoring Cell Temperature to Optimize Battery Performance and Design
Aida Rahim, PhD, Senior Applications Engineer, Luna
- High-definition fiber optic sensing (HD-FOS) technology for distributed temperature and strain measurements
- Deploying HD-FOS for cell temperature measurements
- Integrating sensors into battery packs
- Using HD-FOS analysis to optimize pack and containment design
- Early detection of cell failure using HD-FOS
TUESDAY 30 JUNE 2020 | 14:00pm ET (USA) [On-Demand]
Introducing Battery Intelligence: The Key To Powering Your Battery Program Through COVID-19 And Beyond
Dr. Tal Sholklapper, Co-Founder, Voltaiq
- Introduction to Battery Intelligence Systems (BIS): Comprehensive analytics and traceability throughout the battery lifecycle
- Overview of how Battery Intelligence is helping OEMs ensure battery program continuity and progress through the COVID-19 downturn
- Review of current industry challenges: Insufficient resources to meet aggressive electrification targets
- Review of current industry practices around battery data and analysis, as well as the potential to unlock additional insight and value
- Overview of how Battery Intelligence enables rapid scale-up of battery programs, while minimizing risk
- Showcase of Battery Intelligence in real-world applications with a focus on OEMs and their cell-suppliers achieving ship dates
- Introduction to the power of traceability with Battery Digital Twins
If you are interesting in hosting or sponsoring a webinar or virtual workshop as part of this years EV Battery Innovation Webinar Series please contact us on
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on USA +1 (313) 799 2911 or Europe +44 (0)7932 631 029
Keeping Your Audience Engaged!
60 Minute Live Workshops & Webinars – Book Yours Now
Engage Your Target Audience
Host the most advanced, innovative, online Webinars and virtual events with multiple speakers and fully interactive attendees.
Easy Set-Up And Registration
Customize and brand your webinar advertising and registration forms. Retain registration management if you would prefer; collect delegate names, job titles, email addresses and telephone numbers.
Present With Confidence
We host via a cool, state-of-the-art, trendy, all singing all dancing platform! It is simple and intuitive for presenters and has advanced interactive capabilities for attendees from desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and conference rooms.
Chat: Set private and group panellist chat settings for attendees and panellists
Q&A And Polling: Manage and share audience input in Q&A dialog box where attendees ask questions, either live audibly or text answers
Attendee “Raise Hand”: Increase attendee engagement by allowing virtual hand-raising
Attention Indicator: Track how engaged your audience is with your content and which viewers show the most interest
HD Video And Audio
Multiple live video presenters and panellists can share their webcam and interact with the audience; If you’d prefer, you can to remain unseen, or just post a profile picture.
We can all broadcast live across all social media channels with Facebook Live, YouTube and LinkedIn integrations.
Full Featured Host-Controls
Mute/unmute panellists, and promote attendee to panellist, giving them audio and video capabilities for enhanced engagement.
Reporting & Analytics
Get reports on registrants, attendees, polling, engagement levels and Q&A for follow up.
Host larger-scale events with help from our team, including planning, rehearsal and live support.